Support in other languages
The National Gambling Helpline
The National Gambling Helpline - on Freephone 0808 8020 133 - can provide information, advice and support in over 200 languages. Call them and ask them for help in the language of your choice. Advisers will be able to let you know where counselling can be offered across Great Britain in other languages.
Gambling Therapy, provided by the Gordon Moody Association, offers online multilingual support through live chat, forums and email. Additionally, Gambling Therapy has developed the first app with features centred on evidence-based therapies, such as mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Gambling Therapy App
The Gambling Therapy app provides a collection of tools and information to help you identify and overcome problem gambling. Download the Gambling Therapy app for free if you feel that any of these things describe you or someone you care about:
- you feel that you are preoccupied with gambling
- previous attempts to cut or stop gambling have failed
- you feel the need to increase your bets
- you gamble when you feel stressed or upset
- you gamble to try and win back your losses
- you attempt to conceal the extent of your gambling
- you struggle financially because of your gambling
- your relationships are suffering because of your gambling.
The Gambling Therapy app has been designed to help those that are struggling with problem gambling by providing easy to access information and straightforward tools. Key features of the app are:
- Self-assessment questionnaire
- Text based live support
- Mindfulness and self-help exercises
- Crisis support information
- Daily motivational quotes
- Links to blocking software
- Directory of organisations that can help
- Access to the Gambling Therapy online forums.
Search for “Gambling Therapy” in the app store on your device, or scan the QR code below to download.