How to talk to your bank or advisor
If you are having financial difficulties, it’s important to open up to your bank, or a charity that supports people with their finances. It may feel daunting, but these conversation starters can be the first step towards getting the right support and taking back control:
- I’m finding it hard to cope with my expenses. What support do you have?
- I’ve been spending more on gambling than usual. How do I set up gambling blocks on my account?
- How do I clear my gambling debt? I don’t know where to start.
- I’m really stressed about my finances and can’t pay my bills. Can you help?
- How can I protect my family from gambling related debt?
- My partner has run up a lot of debt. What are our options?
We have more advice on how to share your concerns with a trusted person, to help you stay within your gambling spending limit.