Information about GambleAware-hosted events can be found below.
2021 Annual Conference
GambleAware 8th Annual Conference focusing on ‘Treatment of gambling harms: collaborating on a long-term plan’ took place on 28 January 2021. See details here.
27th May 2021 - Understanding how to estimate gambling prevalence and identifying the reported demand for treatment and support at a local level across Great Britain
GambleAware is hosting an event on 27th May at 10am-11am, which you can register to attend via this link.
During the session, we will hear from:
- Prof. Patrick Sturgis from the London School of Economics, who will share highlights from the recently published methodology review into gambling prevalence.
- Dr Amy Sweet from GambleAware will also share details and preview the new interactive maps we published this week, which can be used to identify the reported demand for treatment and support across Great Britain.
- Jo Evans from Greater Manchester Combined Authority who will share her experience of using data at a local level and the importance of an evidence based approach when responding to gambling harms.
The event will also be available to view on demand afterwards.
28th April 2021 - GambleAware's new five-year Organisational Strategy: Working to achieve a society where everyone is safe from gambling harms
The event was chaired by Kate Lampard CBE chair of GambleAware, and featured GambleAware’s CEO Zoë Osmond, Interim Director of Commissioning Dr Jane Rigbye, Director of Research Alison Clare & PR & Communications Manager Sarah Evans.
During the event, speakers discussed and shared:
- The rationale and reasons behind GambleAware's new vision to see a society where everyone is safe from gambling harms.
- GambleAware's four new strategic priorities and objectives, alongside an overview of the new Commissioning Strategy.
- A summary of the new Research, Data and Evaluation Strategy, including how this will be used to support the new Commissioning Strategy.
25 March 2021 - Webinar on Youth and Gambling
The event was chaired by Simone Vibert, Senior Public Affairs and Policy Analyst, Children’s Commissioner and featured presentations from Kenny Imafidon, Co-Founder & Managing Director at ClearView Research; Kev Clelland, Operations Director at YGAM; Warren Hughes, Project Manager (Scottish Gambling Education Hub) at Fast Forward; Alexa Roseblade, Senior Programme Manager (Youth Programme) at GamCare and Lou Moseley, Senior Service Manager at GamCare.
During the event, contributors discussed and shared:
- The youth and ethnic minority experience in relation to reducing stigma and harm related to gambling.
- What the Scottish Gambling Education Hub do, how delivery has changed due to Covid-19 and what the impact has been.
- An overview of the first year of delivery of the Young People’s Prevention Programme and an introduction to GamCare’s new Young People’s Treatment Service.
December 2020 - Ethnicity and Gambling: building an understanding of demand for and access to treatment and support across Great Britain
During the webinar, contributors discussed the latest findings from YouGov’s secondary analysis of the Treatment and Support Survey data, which looks specifically at gambling among Black, Asian and minority ethnic adults. The webinar also provided attendees the opportunity to explore the following themes:
- Improving equity of access to gambling treatment services
- Community based approaches to supporting affected others
- Understanding regional differences in the prevalence of gambling harms amongst minority ethnic groups
The event was chaired by Bianca Bailey Wilson, Research, Change & Educational Consultant and featured Briony Gunstone, Research Director, Public Sector and NfP, YouGov and Kishan Patel, Co-host, All Bets Are Off Podcast, Expert by Experience and Medical Student, Imperial College London.
October 2020 - National Gambling Treatment Service
As part of its monthly webinar series, GambleAware held an event on 29 October 2020, featuring a summary of the National Gambling Treatment Service Annual Statistics for 2019/20. Info about the advice/support given by the National Gambling Helpline & take-up of stimulus control through GAMSTOP’s self-exclusion service will be discussed. More information is here and the webinar can be viewed below.
September 2020 - Bet Regret
August 2020 - Lived experience
GambleAware hosted a webinar on Lived Experience of Gambling Harms on 28 August 2020 which discussed the key findings from the research by Kings College London. More information on the lived experience programme is here and the webinar can be viewed online here.
July 2020 - Women in Focus
Earlier conferences 2013-2019
Find out about conferences held in previous years here.