Read about our governance processes, including our Committee structure, and access minutes of meetings here
Trustees have robust and transparent governance arrangements including:
- Ensuring the Board of Trustees is wholly independent of the gambling industry and chaired by Kate Lampard, CBE
- Inviting government and statutory agencies to observe committee and Board meetings
- Publishing the terms of reference and minutes of all such meetings
- Adhering to the Charity Governance Code to ensure best practice
- Registering with the Fundraising Regulator, and publishing donation details
The expertise & independence of trustees is key to role in the commissioning of national prevention, education, treatment & support services:
- Independent & expert committees take funding decisions subject to approval of the full Board of Trustees
- Commissioning plans are guided by the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms having been established initially in a five-year strategy published in 2016
- An updated Organisational Strategy 2021-26, setting out the charity’s commissioning priorities, was published in 2021.
- Current arrangements are underpinned by an 'assurance and governance framework', agreed between the Gambling Commission, ABSG and GambleAware, and published in August 2012.