Charity Governance Code
GambleAware adheres to the Charity Governance Code to ensure best practice.
The principles of the Charity Governance Code are as follows:
1. Organisational purpose: The board is clear about the charity’s aims and ensures that these are being delivered effectively and sustainably.
2. Leadership: Every charity is led by an effective board that provides strategic leadership in line with the charity’s aims and values.
3. Integrity: The board acts with integrity. It adopts values, applies ethical principles to decisions and creates a welcoming and supportive culture which helps achieve the charity’s purposes. The board is aware of the significance of the public’s confidence and trust in charities. It reflects the charity’s ethics and values in everything it does. Trustees undertake their duties with this in mind.
4. Decision-making, risk and control: The board has a clear, agreed and effective approach to supporting equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation and in its own practice. This approach supports good governance and the delivery of the organisation’s charitable purposes.
5. Board effectiveness: The board works as an effective team, using the appropriate balance of skills, experience, backgrounds and knowledge to make informed decisions.
6. Equality, diversity & inclusion: The board’s approach to diversity supports its effectiveness, leadership and decision-making.
7. Openness and accountability: The board leads the organisation in being transparent and accountable. The charity is open in its work, unless there is good reason for it not to be.