Charity Governance Code
GambleAware adheres to the Charity Governance Code to ensure best practice.
The principles of the Charity Governance Code are as follows:
1. Organisational purpose: The board is clear about the charity’s aims and ensures that these are being delivered effectively and sustainably.
2. Leadership: Every charity is led by an effective board that provides strategic leadership in line with the charity’s aims and values.
3. Integrity: The board acts with integrity, adopting values and creating a culture which help achieve the organisation’s charitable purposes. The board is aware of the importance of the public’s confidence and trust in charities, and trustees undertake their duties accordingly.
4. Decision-making, risk and control: The board makes sure that its decision-making processes are informed, rigorous and timely and that effective delegation, control and risk assessment and management systems are set up and monitored.
5. Board effectiveness: The board works as an effective team, using the appropriate balance of skills, experience, backgrounds and knowledge to make informed decisions.
6. Equality, diversity & inclusion: The board’s approach to diversity supports its effectiveness, leadership and decision-making.
7. Openness and accountability: The board leads the organisation in being transparent and accountable. The charity is open in its work, unless there is good reason for it not to be.